How to reset amazon echo. A guide to reset an alexa device when it is unresponsive
Alexa is trending in the world nowadays. While the Echo and Echo Dot are both excellent hardware items which can, like any technology, occasionally have problems, and the solution to this may be as simple as restarting the device. You can reset your Echo Dot, if it is unresponsive, which is extremely easy and takes only a few steps.
For this, you can unplug the power plug from the wall and wait 30 seconds. Afterwards, the adapter can be plugged back in. If this doesn’t help and the piece is still unresponsive, the next move is to try resetting the unit. Alexa device reset can fix various problems. Unlike other devices, it will not erase data the way resetting a smartphone or another device can because all your data is safe with Amazon’s cloud servers.
After an Echo device is reset, it is expected and necessary to register it again to an Amazon account, and preferred device settings should be re-entered before it retrieves its functionality.
The method for resetting an Echo device will vary according to the invention itself and the generation to which it belongs. The two ways which can be used to complete this task are manual reset or through the Alexa app on a mobile device. You can go through both options and choose which you are most content with.
- Also Read : How to change Alexa’s name and voice
- Also Read : How to use Alexa as an alarm clock
How to Reset Echo Dot (First Generation):
Echo Dot is the device. This device will have two buttons on its top.
- Find the Echo Dot Reset button near the base of the device.
- Next, you’ll need a paper clip or SIM tray tool to press and hold the Reset button. You need to keep that till you don’t see the light ring on your Echo device change to orange, and then to blue.
- In the next step, all you need to do is to hold back for the light ring to switch off and on again. If you see the orange light, it merely means that it is ready to be set up yet.
- The last step requires you to open the Alexa app on your Smartphone or tablet and establish a connection between your device and a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account.
How to Reset an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot (Second Generation):
- With the device plugged in, simultaneously press and hold the Microphone off and Volume down buttons for about 20 seconds. Afterwards, you will notice the colour of the light ring turning orange to blue in a short time interval.
- You have to be patient until the light ring shuts off and on again. When you see the bright ring changing to orange, it shows that your device is ready for setup.
- The last step would be to start the Alexa app on your Smartphone or tablet, to join your device to a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account.
Reset Using the Alexa App:
- First, open the Alexa app on your phone or tablet and press down the Menu button in the top-left corner.
- Next, you need to find and choose the Settings option from the Menu.
- If there is more than one Alexa device paired with your app, select the one which you wish to reset. When you scroll down the page, you will see the details about the person to whom the gadget is registered to. You can go ahead and choose the “Deregister” option. A window will pop-up asking you to confirm your choice: pick Deregister to continue.
- Alexa has been reset. You can start the setup process by pressing the Action button on the device for five seconds and hold on until the light ring becomes orange.
- Again, open the Alexa app on your phone and join Alexa back up to Wi-Fi and get registered to your account.
Resetting an Echo Plus:
Besides the basic functionality of the Amazon Echo, the Echo Plus has a built-in hub that automatically finds and integrates with Alexa-enabled smart home gadgets. You can either reset the Echo Plus while preserving its connections to intelligent home devices or unlink those connections and return your device to its factory settings.
To retain your device connections:
- First of all, push the Reset button that resides at the base of your Echo Plus, with a good paper clip or SIM tray tool once and then set it free.
- You will get to know that the device is ready for setup when the light ring will turn
orange Inthe last step, it’s essential to open the Alexa app to join your Echo Plus to a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account.
Resetting an Echo Show:
Also, Echo Show has some advanced features like the addition of a touch screen to the Echo’s capabilities and controls.
- When you are on the Echo Show screen, swipe down from the top and either select Settings or say the command, “Alexa, go to Settings.”
- In the last step, select Device Options from the Settings and pick Reset to Factory Defaults. As a result, all of your settings and data will be deleted and ready to be set up again.