How To Change Margins In Google Docs
If you’re using Google Docs and questioning how to change margins in Google Docs, then you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to share some useful tips and tricks below so that you can easily follow them and change the margins of your Google Docs document.
Method 1: By Using Google Docs, Change Margins Easily
First, we’re going to share with the most straightforward process of changing margins inside your documents in Google Docs. The process is pretty simple, and therefore do not need much technical knowledge as well. Just the follow the below steps, and you’re good to go:
- First of all, Sign In to your Google account, and open the Google Docs platform or website.
- Then you can proceed to select an existing document to test the procedure out, or you can go with a simple new document.
- After opening the document of your choice, the first thing to do is to locate the two rulers, one placed on the top side of the document, and the other on the left side of the document. The rulers should have scale written on them, like 1, 2, 3, and so on.
- Now the next thing would be to locate the downward shaped arrows placed on the top ruler. You can see some amount of the scale is darkened out on both ends. This means that the scale is used up to those values. Now, if you put your cursor onto the edge of the darkened portion, your cursor will change to a two-faced arrow horizontally.
- You can then right click on the location where the cursor changes to a horizontally two-faced arrow, and then by clicking and moving the cursor horizontally, you can change the value of the margin. You can either increase the margin value or decrease it. Same goes for the other end of the scale or ruler.
- Similarly, if you look at the side ruler or scale on the left side of your document, you will again see some part of the ruler is darkened. If you place your cursor on the edge of the darkened portion again, you will see that the cursor will change to a two-faced arrow horizontally. You can use the cursor to adjust the vertical margins of your document. The other end of the margin will be found at the bottom end of the current document page.
In this way, you can change the margins in Google Docs quickly.
Method 2: Changing The Margins By Using Advanced Options
If you’re thinking of how to adjust margins in Google Docs in a more advanced manner, then this will be the method for you. This is a little more advanced for those who want more precise controls over their document margins, as you can manually put figures and get your desired results — no need to depend on Google Docs AI engine to do that for you. The following are some of the steps you need to follow, to get access to all the advanced options.
- The first step is to open up Google Docs and Sign In to your account.
- Then proceed to open up an existing document, or entirely a new document.
- Then after opening up the document, locate the File option on the top right-hand corner of your document window.
- After locating the File option, proceed to click on it, and access the drop-down menu. From the drop-down list, select the option Page Setup. It is the master option to change every detail regarding your margin values. Click on the Page Setup option.
- After clicking on Page Setup, a new window will open which will have some more options like – Page Orientation, Margins, Page Size, and Page Colour.
- From that option, you can change every characteristic of your current document. You can change the orientation from Portrait to Landscape if you want.
- You can change the Page Size to A3, A4, Tabloid, etcetera.
- You can also change the colour of the page as well.
- And finally, the thing which we wanted – you can change the margins of the document too.
- If you want, you can change the size of the margin to any value, in inches. The default value is 1 inch. You can put 0.5, and the margin will be decreased. Or you can put two inside the value box, and see the margins increase. You can take control of your whole document now.
- After you have put down the values or changes, be sure to click OK, and the changes will be applied.
Therefore, with the help of these two methods, you can change or adjust the margin in Google Docs.